Skip to main content

'In my Kit' Professional make up artist - Eyeshadows

Eyeshadow is my 'failure' when it comes to makeup shopping!  - If it's pretty, I want to buy it!
Above is a photo of my current eyeshadows that I keep in my make up kit..... and you know what? I NEED MORE! There always seems to be more colours that I just need!

To start with, let me explain that I am a 'mixer' - I always mix my colours to create the shade that I want.  I also LOVE colour! And I love putting colour onto faces, brightening people up.

So, here's a current run down of what products I have in my make up kit;
Kryolan 15 colour eye shadow palette £77.00
I buy this empty palette from Charles H Fox in covent garden, London and then choose which 15 colours I want to put in it.  This palette is ideal for freedom of choice and you can buy individual refills as you use each colour.
I have both the above palettes in my kit, 1 shimmer with a selection of colours and 1 matt neutral colours.
These palettes are £44.15 each
120 colour eyeshadow palette £4.99 from ebay
My favourite palette of all time that I use on anyone and everyone.

Individual eyeshadow colours by Supercover £10 each
I currently have 11 of these lovely eyeshadow's in my kit.  I prefer to choose eyeshadows that have a shimmer in them as they lift the eye.
I also have a fashionista 4 colour palette in my it as it contains a lovely high shimmer white and lovely gold and bronzes in it.

All eyeshadows last quite a few years as they are made from powder and powders do not go off.
Sometimes a powder can get a greasy film on top of them which can easily be scratched off so there is no need to replace them

Total cost on eyeshadows in my kit - £284.29

Relevant websites;


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to cover up a tattoo using Camouflage creams

As a cosmetic camouflage practitioner I get asked to cover up scars, burn marks, port wine stains, birth marks, broken capillaries, Rosacea, eczema and all other skin conditions and discolourations.  When I am doing a wedding, I often get asked to cover up a tattoo or two! Below I will outline how you can cover up your own tattoo using Cosmetic camouflage creams. There are many creams available on the market, my product of choice is Dermacolor by Kryolan - this is endorsed by many companies including British Association of British Camouflage and Skin Camouflage Network.  Some of the products are also available on Prescription if your doctor gives you a prescription for the product - otherwise you can buy it direct from Charles H Fox.  1. - tattoo before any cosmetic camouflage creams have been applied. 2. If the tattoo is black, you need to apply a red colour on top of the black to neutralise the colour - I apply the product using a lip brush or liner brush....

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/

Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine - A make up artist's point of view

You can see my full Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine here  Solis Magazine - Crazy Beautiful As well as sharing the above article, I wanted to write something a bit more personal. I am going to begin with the end of the day..... Once this photo shoot had finished,  I dropped everyone back at the train station to go home. Photographer David Long turned to me and asked 'you know you're good, right?' These five little words asked to an artist are not easy to answer. I can say that I know I'm not a bad make up artist, and I can say that I  know I am good enough to make a career out of it. Being a make up artist is my life, it is all I have ever loved, it is all I have ever known, it is all I have ever wanted to be. I realise that I am extremely lucky to be doing what I love and I will make sure that I carry on doing it, I have worked as a make up artist whilst travelling abroad, it has seen me through one marriage and two beautiful children, and carries on g...