Skip to main content

'In my Kit' Professional make up artist - Foundations

Following on from my primer blog, here is a list of my foundation products that I keep in my professional make up kit;
For most people's base I use HD ready 24 colour Supercover mineral to cream foundation palette - £200.00
Not only does this include all coloured foundations from white through to Asian and Black skin tones with a variation of different pink and yellow undertones but it also has a corrector wheel in the middle which I mainly use for contouring, highlighting and shading.
On top of my foundation palette, I also carry an extra 3 pots of my most popular foundation colour so that I never run out.  The large pots of foundation colour are £28.00 each.

Because not everyone has the same skin, I also keep 4 different colours of Kryolan Liquid foundation in my kit at £13.75 each - This foundation can be applied as fine or thick as needs be for your perfect finish.
I also keep both the medium and light coloured BB creams in my kit for clients who do not like to wear foundation as they still need something on their face to even out their skin tone and the finish of the BB cream is perfect. £9.99 each
Lastly, I keep a Kryolan Simmering event foundation in my kit £23.15 which is perfect for more mature skins, leaving a natural dewy glow to finish.

Total price spent on foundations - £382.13

Do I need all these foundations in my kit? - YES! I need to have an entire selection of colours for all of my clients plus I need various types of foundations for my clients skin tones.  We are all different and unique and foundation sits differently on people's skin.  

Foundation is the most important part of any ones make up - If your base doesn't look perfect, your make up will not look perfect, simple as that!

Once again, I expect most of my foundations to last up to 1 year, but I may need to replace the most popular colours more often.  BB creams and shimmering foundation normally last up to 6 months so need replacing more often.

Total yearly spend on foundations - £453.26

Relevant Websites;



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to cover up a tattoo using Camouflage creams

As a cosmetic camouflage practitioner I get asked to cover up scars, burn marks, port wine stains, birth marks, broken capillaries, Rosacea, eczema and all other skin conditions and discolourations.  When I am doing a wedding, I often get asked to cover up a tattoo or two! Below I will outline how you can cover up your own tattoo using Cosmetic camouflage creams. There are many creams available on the market, my product of choice is Dermacolor by Kryolan - this is endorsed by many companies including British Association of British Camouflage and Skin Camouflage Network.  Some of the products are also available on Prescription if your doctor gives you a prescription for the product - otherwise you can buy it direct from Charles H Fox.  1. - tattoo before any cosmetic camouflage creams have been applied. 2. If the tattoo is black, you need to apply a red colour on top of the black to neutralise the colour - I apply the product using a lip brush or liner brush....

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/

Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine - A make up artist's point of view

You can see my full Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine here  Solis Magazine - Crazy Beautiful As well as sharing the above article, I wanted to write something a bit more personal. I am going to begin with the end of the day..... Once this photo shoot had finished,  I dropped everyone back at the train station to go home. Photographer David Long turned to me and asked 'you know you're good, right?' These five little words asked to an artist are not easy to answer. I can say that I know I'm not a bad make up artist, and I can say that I  know I am good enough to make a career out of it. Being a make up artist is my life, it is all I have ever loved, it is all I have ever known, it is all I have ever wanted to be. I realise that I am extremely lucky to be doing what I love and I will make sure that I carry on doing it, I have worked as a make up artist whilst travelling abroad, it has seen me through one marriage and two beautiful children, and carries on g...