Skip to main content

Futuristic Make Up Inspiration

I was asked to hold a couple of workshops at Brighton College to inspire their hair dressing students to create hair and make up for their end of year hair show.

It is not possible to teach over 50 students how to apply make up in only 2 hours so I sat and demonstrated a few different techniques that would hopefully inspire them.

I also had only 1 student to demonstrate 2 looks on so that I could show as many different techniques as possible:

Soaped out eyebrows, custom made eyelashes with sequins on them, glitter eyebrows, textured greasepaint make up - glitter lips

Soaped out eye brows - draw new eyebrows on. Lots of highlighting and shading - silver lines, glitter dots


Sequin eyebrows, custom made eyelashes, colourful splodges with glitter on them, glitter outline to lips


Black and silver face - lots of shading and highlighting, glitter streaks, custom made eyelashes, bling

If you look back at make up throughout the ages - it is normally the eyebrows and lips that create a make up look, so on all the above looks, I have soaped out the eyebrows - I will be doing a youtube demo soon to show you how to do this technique so check back to my channel from time to time to check if I have uploaded this for you.

Turns out that I think the future might be 'bling' !

Quite frankly Futuristic make up means different things to different people and it is up to you how far you take this and how far into the future you look.

Good luck to all the hair students for your hair show coming up in 2 weeks

Amy x

Comments

  1. Wow those are really vibrant colors.Thanks for sharing. Nice to find the post related to my searching criteria

    futuristic makeup

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to cover up a tattoo using Camouflage creams

As a cosmetic camouflage practitioner I get asked to cover up scars, burn marks, port wine stains, birth marks, broken capillaries, Rosacea, eczema and all other skin conditions and discolourations.  When I am doing a wedding, I often get asked to cover up a tattoo or two! Below I will outline how you can cover up your own tattoo using Cosmetic camouflage creams. There are many creams available on the market, my product of choice is Dermacolor by Kryolan - this is endorsed by many companies including British Association of British Camouflage and Skin Camouflage Network.  Some of the products are also available on Prescription if your doctor gives you a prescription for the product - otherwise you can buy it direct from Charles H Fox.  1. - tattoo before any cosmetic camouflage creams have been applied. 2. If the tattoo is black, you need to apply a red colour on top of the black to neutralise the colour - I apply the product using a lip brush or liner brush....

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/

Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine - A make up artist's point of view

You can see my full Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine here  Solis Magazine - Crazy Beautiful As well as sharing the above article, I wanted to write something a bit more personal. I am going to begin with the end of the day..... Once this photo shoot had finished,  I dropped everyone back at the train station to go home. Photographer David Long turned to me and asked 'you know you're good, right?' These five little words asked to an artist are not easy to answer. I can say that I know I'm not a bad make up artist, and I can say that I  know I am good enough to make a career out of it. Being a make up artist is my life, it is all I have ever loved, it is all I have ever known, it is all I have ever wanted to be. I realise that I am extremely lucky to be doing what I love and I will make sure that I carry on doing it, I have worked as a make up artist whilst travelling abroad, it has seen me through one marriage and two beautiful children, and carries on g...