Skip to main content

The secret behind BB creams

A few days ago I was looking through a magazine when I came across an article on BB creams - I had come across BB (Beauty Balm) creams when working as a cosmetic camouflage consultant so read further.
BB creams are basically used in the medical profession to help with healing skin after someone has suffered a trauma - this can be a burn, laser skin surgery or an  operation.
BB creams are applied to the area and they help to heal the skin and reduce redness, on top of this they also work as a 24 hour moisturiser, a sun block, primer AND a foundation!

So, a few days ago I went shopping - mainly I was looking for a moisturiser to get me though this horrible cold winter weather that we are having as my skin has completely dried up and I have so many blemishes it really does not look good!
I found myself in Superdrug looking for a moisturising face mask when what should I see but Garnier BB cream on the shelf!.... I brought it!  I knew that this couldn't just be some beauty scam making me buy a product that doesn't work as I had seen how great this product could be in my line of work, but still I was dubious as I didn't know how it would be once it had hit the beauty production line!
So, this morning I decided to try it out - Already I had decided that there was no chance that the cream would cover my skin with enough coverage to hide my spots as it does come out of the tube a bit like a tinted moisturiser.
I was however surprised by it having a slightly better coverage than a tinted moisturiser.  I applied it as a moisturiser all over my face and immediately saw an improvement.  I did feel the need to apply my usual foundation and concealer on top, but overall my skin looks a lot better today than it has for quite a long time.
When I take my make up off at the end of the day I am still hoping to see an improvement to my skin as this is what the BB cream, over time is meant to help out with.
There are many BB creams on the market and I have only tried one - so far, I get on with it.  But quite frankly not only have the medical professionals been using it for a long time to help with the healing process, the Asian market have been using these creams for quite a long time now so it does make you wonder why it has taken so long for the UK market to discover them!

For now, I think the BB creams are fantastic whether you use them on their own or chooses to apply foundation on top it really doesn't matter as long as they have the healing properties they say they do, I think I might be a little but addicted!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to cover up a tattoo using Camouflage creams

As a cosmetic camouflage practitioner I get asked to cover up scars, burn marks, port wine stains, birth marks, broken capillaries, Rosacea, eczema and all other skin conditions and discolourations.  When I am doing a wedding, I often get asked to cover up a tattoo or two! Below I will outline how you can cover up your own tattoo using Cosmetic camouflage creams. There are many creams available on the market, my product of choice is Dermacolor by Kryolan - this is endorsed by many companies including British Association of British Camouflage and Skin Camouflage Network.  Some of the products are also available on Prescription if your doctor gives you a prescription for the product - otherwise you can buy it direct from Charles H Fox.  1. - tattoo before any cosmetic camouflage creams have been applied. 2. If the tattoo is black, you need to apply a red colour on top of the black to neutralise the colour - I apply the product using a lip brush or liner brush....

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/

Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine - A make up artist's point of view

You can see my full Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine here  Solis Magazine - Crazy Beautiful As well as sharing the above article, I wanted to write something a bit more personal. I am going to begin with the end of the day..... Once this photo shoot had finished,  I dropped everyone back at the train station to go home. Photographer David Long turned to me and asked 'you know you're good, right?' These five little words asked to an artist are not easy to answer. I can say that I know I'm not a bad make up artist, and I can say that I  know I am good enough to make a career out of it. Being a make up artist is my life, it is all I have ever loved, it is all I have ever known, it is all I have ever wanted to be. I realise that I am extremely lucky to be doing what I love and I will make sure that I carry on doing it, I have worked as a make up artist whilst travelling abroad, it has seen me through one marriage and two beautiful children, and carries on g...