Skip to main content

How to Apply Foundation

I have made this short video demonstrating how to apply your foundation to get the best and most natural results.
I hope you enjoy!






In this Video I have used supercover cream foundation which is a cream mineral formulation great for HD TV and for close up shots.  The results are extremely natural, giving you a clear canvass to apply the rest of your make up on to.

Please remember, your foundation is not used to cover blemishes or unwanted markings on your face - that is the job of your concealer, your foundation is used to even your skin tone and to give you a clear canvass to add to.

Some people like to make their skin look more tanned or darker than it naturally is - If you apply a foundation that is too dark to achieve this look, your make up will never look natural, and there will always be tell-tale signs around your jaw line, hair line and eyebrows.   You actually need to apply the correct colour foundation and then apply bronzer at the end of your make up to look more tanned or darker.

This also applies if you are wanting to make your skin look lighter - do not apply lighter foundation, just apply a light powder or white (colourless) powder to set your base if you want to look lighter.

Any questions?....... just ask!

www.bridalmakeupbyamy.co.uk
amyprifti@yahoo.com
follow me on twitter
like my facebook page



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to cover up a tattoo using Camouflage creams

As a cosmetic camouflage practitioner I get asked to cover up scars, burn marks, port wine stains, birth marks, broken capillaries, Rosacea, eczema and all other skin conditions and discolourations.  When I am doing a wedding, I often get asked to cover up a tattoo or two! Below I will outline how you can cover up your own tattoo using Cosmetic camouflage creams. There are many creams available on the market, my product of choice is Dermacolor by Kryolan - this is endorsed by many companies including British Association of British Camouflage and Skin Camouflage Network.  Some of the products are also available on Prescription if your doctor gives you a prescription for the product - otherwise you can buy it direct from Charles H Fox.  1. - tattoo before any cosmetic camouflage creams have been applied. 2. If the tattoo is black, you need to apply a red colour on top of the black to neutralise the colour - I apply the product using a lip brush or liner brush....

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/

Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine - A make up artist's point of view

You can see my full Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine here  Solis Magazine - Crazy Beautiful As well as sharing the above article, I wanted to write something a bit more personal. I am going to begin with the end of the day..... Once this photo shoot had finished,  I dropped everyone back at the train station to go home. Photographer David Long turned to me and asked 'you know you're good, right?' These five little words asked to an artist are not easy to answer. I can say that I know I'm not a bad make up artist, and I can say that I  know I am good enough to make a career out of it. Being a make up artist is my life, it is all I have ever loved, it is all I have ever known, it is all I have ever wanted to be. I realise that I am extremely lucky to be doing what I love and I will make sure that I carry on doing it, I have worked as a make up artist whilst travelling abroad, it has seen me through one marriage and two beautiful children, and carries on g...