Skip to main content

Business Mums Summit 2011


On Monday 10th October, I attended the Business Mums Summit at the Thistle Hotel in Brighton.
It was after I attended my first 'mumpreneur' meeting at the cock  just outside Lewes when I decided that attending the Summit was a 'must' for me to meet new people, get inspiration and find out ways of how to carry forward my new business - The Wellbeing Angels.

I was so busy in the days leading up to the summit that it wasn't until the night before that I looked online at the programme for the day when I took note that the day was going to be 'full on'! wow, it really didn't disappoint!

After organising how my boys were going to get to school I managed to convince my husband to drop me off at the train station before he began his day of work, I caught the train with 5 second to spare, stepped off at Brighton and walked in completely the wrong direction for the hotel doh! However, I managed to arrive bang on the dot at 9 only to be asked which workshops I wanted to attend as I had to sign up NOW! After deliberating which would be the most helpful to me, I decided on 'Bigger business: The professional advice you need to grow your business' followed by 'winning awards' - oh, I wouldn't mind!

I then also managed to sign myself up for the 'conga-style speed networking' It is not easy to speak about your self and your business for only 15 seconds, believe me - surely you know that women can speak forever!

I enjoyed listening to great speeches by Beth DeAvila, Laura Tenison, Karen Skidmore, Kate Garraway, Sarah Smith and Zoe Meredith of Yummy Lollies, Shazia Mustafa, Rachel Boyle and Erica Douglas as well as the 'specialised breakout sessions' I had signed up for earlier.

The event was televised for BBC South East, ITV and various radio stations - my boys spotted me on the local news 5 times!

Unfortunately I couldn't attend this years awards ceremony as I had to rush back to lewes in time to teach Zumba in Ringmer (just made it)

What did I achieve from attending the summit this year? - I met lots of friendly people from different backgrounds and abilities who have set up their own business and achieved.  I felt inspired to grow my own business with no boundaries, I met two people who volunteered to become my mentors, I met a few people who would like to find out more about my business and join my team, I met other business's who would like to use the Wellbeing Angels in future events, I met even more business's who would like to team up with Wellbeing Angels to run events together.  And, at the very least, I got myself on the local news (5 times) so at least my boys think I'm famous! (for now)

If anyone is thinking of or already have started up their business and would like to share it with others, gain inspiration or find out how to move it forward, the business mums summit is a must for all!

If you would like to know more about my new business you can at http://www.wellbeingangels.co.uk/
You can follow me on twitter @WellbeingAngels and on my facebook page Wellbeing Angels Like Page

Thank you
Amy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to cover up a tattoo using Camouflage creams

As a cosmetic camouflage practitioner I get asked to cover up scars, burn marks, port wine stains, birth marks, broken capillaries, Rosacea, eczema and all other skin conditions and discolourations.  When I am doing a wedding, I often get asked to cover up a tattoo or two! Below I will outline how you can cover up your own tattoo using Cosmetic camouflage creams. There are many creams available on the market, my product of choice is Dermacolor by Kryolan - this is endorsed by many companies including British Association of British Camouflage and Skin Camouflage Network.  Some of the products are also available on Prescription if your doctor gives you a prescription for the product - otherwise you can buy it direct from Charles H Fox.  1. - tattoo before any cosmetic camouflage creams have been applied. 2. If the tattoo is black, you need to apply a red colour on top of the black to neutralise the colour - I apply the product using a lip brush or liner brush....

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/

Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine - A make up artist's point of view

You can see my full Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine here  Solis Magazine - Crazy Beautiful As well as sharing the above article, I wanted to write something a bit more personal. I am going to begin with the end of the day..... Once this photo shoot had finished,  I dropped everyone back at the train station to go home. Photographer David Long turned to me and asked 'you know you're good, right?' These five little words asked to an artist are not easy to answer. I can say that I know I'm not a bad make up artist, and I can say that I  know I am good enough to make a career out of it. Being a make up artist is my life, it is all I have ever loved, it is all I have ever known, it is all I have ever wanted to be. I realise that I am extremely lucky to be doing what I love and I will make sure that I carry on doing it, I have worked as a make up artist whilst travelling abroad, it has seen me through one marriage and two beautiful children, and carries on g...