Skip to main content

How will my make-up stay fixed for my wedding day and will I need touch up's?



Hi there, so my most asked question by brides on their wedding day is this;
Will my make-up stay on all day? And what should I do if I need touch ups?
      

My reply is always the same; because your make-up is applied and set professionally, this will stay on all day and throughout the night of your reception and you should need no touch ups at all. Not even your lipstick,  but if you do want to buy a similar colour lipstick or take a gloss along with you to touch up, feel free to do so.

This is always met with a slightly sceptical smile and I do say that my references  all speak for themselves.

So, yesterday I decided  to do an experiment to prove this to you;


On the 9th August 2016 I took part in the Spartan Race at London Olympic Park - This involved me running 7.3km and completing 20 obstacles including Wall climbs, log carries, javelin, monkey bars, sand bag carries, rope climbs, fire jumps and more.

I had a few hours to prepare before driving up to London so I decided to apply my make-up professionally (rather than just slapping it on myself like I usually do) to see how it would last throughout the entire day (see video above)




Once I had applied all of my make-up, I decided that I wasn't ready to compete until I had painted on a 'spartan' logo which I did using Aquacolor facepaints and then setting with dermacolor fixing powder which makes everything waterproof and sweat proof.

I applied my make-up at 9.30am using Supercover foundation and concealer, dermacolor fixing powder, Kryolan eyebrow powder, my eyeshadow consisted of a peach supercover colour, a bronze eyeshadow by cargo and some copper glitter by Kryolan.  I then used a liquid eyeliner by Zita Milano Beauty.  Next was Maybelline mascara which was waterproof.  I applied a blush and a bronzer and finished off my look with Kryolan Red lip liner and a Rimmel long stay lipstick.

My run was at 4pm and I completed it by 5.30pm where I recorded my 'after video' for you

I actually surprised myself with the results - My mascara didn't run, my eyeliner didn't smudge, in fact all make-up was exactly where I applied it 8 hours earlier!


(Only the lighting is different in these photos)

I did decide to record one last video once I got home at 8.30pm as I wasn't sure what the lighting was like ;

I'm hoping that this little 'experiment' will prove to you that when your make-up is applied professionally for your wedding day, I do in fact expect it to last all day and into the early hours of your wedding reception.

I hope this blog post helps to make you feel confident that once your make-up is set, It really will last all day!

As for me on my Spartan run? This was my first ever OCR that I competed in and I'm really proud to have come somewhere in the middle of everyone that took part on the day (that is me on the right)  - The next OCR I have signed up for  is the 'Dirty girl mud run' in June :-) 


Make up brands that I have mentioned;






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to cover up a tattoo using Camouflage creams

As a cosmetic camouflage practitioner I get asked to cover up scars, burn marks, port wine stains, birth marks, broken capillaries, Rosacea, eczema and all other skin conditions and discolourations.  When I am doing a wedding, I often get asked to cover up a tattoo or two! Below I will outline how you can cover up your own tattoo using Cosmetic camouflage creams. There are many creams available on the market, my product of choice is Dermacolor by Kryolan - this is endorsed by many companies including British Association of British Camouflage and Skin Camouflage Network.  Some of the products are also available on Prescription if your doctor gives you a prescription for the product - otherwise you can buy it direct from Charles H Fox.  1. - tattoo before any cosmetic camouflage creams have been applied. 2. If the tattoo is black, you need to apply a red colour on top of the black to neutralise the colour - I apply the product using a lip brush or liner brush....

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/

Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine - A make up artist's point of view

You can see my full Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine here  Solis Magazine - Crazy Beautiful As well as sharing the above article, I wanted to write something a bit more personal. I am going to begin with the end of the day..... Once this photo shoot had finished,  I dropped everyone back at the train station to go home. Photographer David Long turned to me and asked 'you know you're good, right?' These five little words asked to an artist are not easy to answer. I can say that I know I'm not a bad make up artist, and I can say that I  know I am good enough to make a career out of it. Being a make up artist is my life, it is all I have ever loved, it is all I have ever known, it is all I have ever wanted to be. I realise that I am extremely lucky to be doing what I love and I will make sure that I carry on doing it, I have worked as a make up artist whilst travelling abroad, it has seen me through one marriage and two beautiful children, and carries on g...