Skip to main content

Wedding at Florence House, Seaford

I often drive past Florence house when driving to Seaford Head and often wonder what it looks like inside/
This year, I was lucky enough for one of my brides to be getting married there.  Making it the first time that I could officially be nosey!

The drive leading up to the house

I met today's bride, Sarah, a few years back when she attended one of my make up courses that I taught at Sussex Downs College so it was a lovely compliment for her to get back in touch after all these years to ask me to do hair and make up for her wedding day.
Bridesmaids both had a very natural make up and a low side curly bun.


The younger bridesmaid also had a few plaits incorporated.



Mum had decided on a loose curly up do which I feel complimented her fascinator perfectly.  I also applied mauve eyeshadow and quite a strong lip colour so that she didn't look washed out.
Sarah herself went for a half up style with loose curls.
I also applied semi permanent eyelashes to make her eyes look bigger and wider.
Sarah's hair was finished off with a lovely slide that she had brought.

Photographer getting a close up of mum doing up Sarah's dress.
Once I had completed preparing the wedding party I was invited to have a nose around the rest of the preparations.....
Starting with flowers.

Button hole's for mum and dad.

The bride's bouquet.
Interior decoration of the marquee

I'm hoping they will be cooking paella on those baby's!

And finishing of course with the gorgeous wedding cake.


I love getting the chance to see what unique ideas each bride has on their wedding day.

Hair and make up by Amy Prifti - www.bridalmakeupbyamy.co.uk














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to cover up a tattoo using Camouflage creams

As a cosmetic camouflage practitioner I get asked to cover up scars, burn marks, port wine stains, birth marks, broken capillaries, Rosacea, eczema and all other skin conditions and discolourations.  When I am doing a wedding, I often get asked to cover up a tattoo or two! Below I will outline how you can cover up your own tattoo using Cosmetic camouflage creams. There are many creams available on the market, my product of choice is Dermacolor by Kryolan - this is endorsed by many companies including British Association of British Camouflage and Skin Camouflage Network.  Some of the products are also available on Prescription if your doctor gives you a prescription for the product - otherwise you can buy it direct from Charles H Fox.  1. - tattoo before any cosmetic camouflage creams have been applied. 2. If the tattoo is black, you need to apply a red colour on top of the black to neutralise the colour - I apply the product using a lip brush or liner brush....

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/

Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine - A make up artist's point of view

You can see my full Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine here  Solis Magazine - Crazy Beautiful As well as sharing the above article, I wanted to write something a bit more personal. I am going to begin with the end of the day..... Once this photo shoot had finished,  I dropped everyone back at the train station to go home. Photographer David Long turned to me and asked 'you know you're good, right?' These five little words asked to an artist are not easy to answer. I can say that I know I'm not a bad make up artist, and I can say that I  know I am good enough to make a career out of it. Being a make up artist is my life, it is all I have ever loved, it is all I have ever known, it is all I have ever wanted to be. I realise that I am extremely lucky to be doing what I love and I will make sure that I carry on doing it, I have worked as a make up artist whilst travelling abroad, it has seen me through one marriage and two beautiful children, and carries on g...