Skip to main content

How to cover up a tattoo using Camouflage creams

As a cosmetic camouflage practitioner I get asked to cover up scars, burn marks, port wine stains, birth marks, broken capillaries, Rosacea, eczema and all other skin conditions and discolourations.  When I am doing a wedding, I often get asked to cover up a tattoo or two!

Below I will outline how you can cover up your own tattoo using Cosmetic camouflage creams.

There are many creams available on the market, my product of choice is Dermacolor by Kryolan - this is endorsed by many companies including British Association of British Camouflage and Skin Camouflage Network.  Some of the products are also available on Prescription if your doctor gives you a prescription for the product - otherwise you can buy it direct from Charles H Fox.

 1. - tattoo before any cosmetic camouflage creams have been applied.
2. If the tattoo is black, you need to apply a red colour on top of the black to neutralise the colour - I apply the product using a lip brush or liner brush.  I have applied a green colour over the places where the tattoo is red to neutralise that colour.

 3. Apply Dermacolour Fixing powder on top with a powder puff, pressing firmly so that the powder sets the colours - leave powder on for 10 minutes.
 4. Using a large powder brush, brush off the excess powder - the tattoo is now ready for a skin coloured camouflage cream to be applied.





 5. Match up the correct colour to your skin tone and apply over the whole tattoo using a slightly bigger concealer brush.

6. Apply Powder once again with the powder puff, pressing firmly to set the cream - Leave on to set for 10 minutes before brushing away the excess powder with a powder brush.

7. Apply the last layer of camouflage cream to match your skin tone.
8. Set the whole tattoo using Dermacolor Fixing spray.

Please note - the Dermacolor fixing powder will make the camouflage cream waterproof so that you can either go swimming or out in the rain and the camouflage cream will not come off.
The Dermacolor fixing spray makes the cream both waterproof and sweat proof meaning that you can dance the night away, get hot and sweaty and the camouflage cream will stay on.  Also it will not rub off on your clothes.

For any questions, please leave a comment so that I can provide you with an answer.

Happy Camouflaging!

Comments

  1. Thanks guys, for sharing such informative data.numbing tattoo cream

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it available in South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this useful information about cover up permanent tattoo with the help of Camouflage cream.
    Permanent Makeup Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/

Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine - A make up artist's point of view

You can see my full Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine here  Solis Magazine - Crazy Beautiful As well as sharing the above article, I wanted to write something a bit more personal. I am going to begin with the end of the day..... Once this photo shoot had finished,  I dropped everyone back at the train station to go home. Photographer David Long turned to me and asked 'you know you're good, right?' These five little words asked to an artist are not easy to answer. I can say that I know I'm not a bad make up artist, and I can say that I  know I am good enough to make a career out of it. Being a make up artist is my life, it is all I have ever loved, it is all I have ever known, it is all I have ever wanted to be. I realise that I am extremely lucky to be doing what I love and I will make sure that I carry on doing it, I have worked as a make up artist whilst travelling abroad, it has seen me through one marriage and two beautiful children, and carries on g...