Skip to main content

What happens at my weddding trial?

I always recommend a wedding trial for your hair and make up for many reasons;
1. You will get  chance to try out as many different looks as you like before deciding on the perfect look for your wedding day.
2. It will give you the chance to meet your make up artist / hair stylist to make sure that she is the type of person you want around you on your wedding day.
3. It is best to find out that you are not allergic to any of the products used on your hair and face before your wedding day.






I offer a set price for trials, not an hourly rate as I want to make sure that you do not feel rushed or that anyone is clock watching.  Your trial will take as long as it needs to for us to create your perfect look, be it 1 hour or 4 hours!






I never limit the make up and hair that I offer to just 'one look' - It is just as important to rule out what you don't like as it is what you do like.




Before I meet a bride for her trial, I always make sure to email them with the following information;
  • Please wash your hair the night before your trial and not on the day.  This makes certain that your hair won't be silky and flyaway so that it is easier to style on the day.
  • Wear a white top / dress (if you are getting married in white) - Make up looks very different against different coloured clothing so this will give you the best results.
  • If possible, Please do not wear any make up to your trial - I like to start make up with a fresh face and no matter how you take off your make up, mascara will always stay until it is taken off completely, resulting in every time you close your eyes, mascara will keep adding  bit of black below your eye resulting in it looking like you have dark circles.
  • Give me references! - I have started up a pinterest page especially to inspire all brides when considering their hair and make up for their wedding day; My Pinterest page , if you find nothing that you like there, please bring along pictures on your phone or magazine cut outs so that I know what you like.
Your trial will always take more time to complete than on the day itself due to us needing to get to know each other, questions asked and answered and the different looks that we try out together.  During your trial it is very important to speak up if you don't like something - I am not a mind reader so if I don't know that you don't like, I haven't got the opportunity to change it for you! - I have grown very thick skinned over the years and take nothing personally! - Remember, your trial is about you and you only :-)


Throughout the whole of your trial, I will take a photo of each look for your reference which I will then email over to you to keep so that if you didn't decide on a final look, you can carry on looking and deciding up to your wedding day.






If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.






Best Regards


Amy



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to cover up a tattoo using Camouflage creams

As a cosmetic camouflage practitioner I get asked to cover up scars, burn marks, port wine stains, birth marks, broken capillaries, Rosacea, eczema and all other skin conditions and discolourations.  When I am doing a wedding, I often get asked to cover up a tattoo or two! Below I will outline how you can cover up your own tattoo using Cosmetic camouflage creams. There are many creams available on the market, my product of choice is Dermacolor by Kryolan - this is endorsed by many companies including British Association of British Camouflage and Skin Camouflage Network.  Some of the products are also available on Prescription if your doctor gives you a prescription for the product - otherwise you can buy it direct from Charles H Fox.  1. - tattoo before any cosmetic camouflage creams have been applied. 2. If the tattoo is black, you need to apply a red colour on top of the black to neutralise the colour - I apply the product using a lip brush or liner brush....

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/

Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine - A make up artist's point of view

You can see my full Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine here  Solis Magazine - Crazy Beautiful As well as sharing the above article, I wanted to write something a bit more personal. I am going to begin with the end of the day..... Once this photo shoot had finished,  I dropped everyone back at the train station to go home. Photographer David Long turned to me and asked 'you know you're good, right?' These five little words asked to an artist are not easy to answer. I can say that I know I'm not a bad make up artist, and I can say that I  know I am good enough to make a career out of it. Being a make up artist is my life, it is all I have ever loved, it is all I have ever known, it is all I have ever wanted to be. I realise that I am extremely lucky to be doing what I love and I will make sure that I carry on doing it, I have worked as a make up artist whilst travelling abroad, it has seen me through one marriage and two beautiful children, and carries on g...