Skip to main content

Getting Married in 2013 ?

OK, so you have probably worked out by now that my business is in Weddings...... So I turn on the news on the 1st of January 2013 for a report to be shared that NO ONE is getting married in 2013 because of its superstitious date!

Is this TRUE?
Are YOU getting married this year?
What is your opinion?

According to the news report many venues and businesses are offering special 'deals' to entice those getting married so that they don't postpone their wedding to 2014.

Are people REALLY this superstitious that the number 13 will bring bad luck to their marriage?

If I, for one was thinking about getting married over the next few years, I would probably bring the date forward and choose to get married in 2013 just to prove people wrong! - That a number will not affect how happy my marriage is, or the longevity of it.

And even if I did get married in 2013 and my marriage didn't last, could I really blame the number 13 for this? - surely marriages don't last for much more serious reasons than this!


As this article reports;  At the BBC

"Many superstitious people believe that getting married in 2013 is a bad idea, because they associate the number 13 with bad luck.

But with some wedding venues offering discounts, it could turn out to be a wise choice financially, as Sophie Van Brugen reports."

So.... are you getting Married in 2013?
According to reports, are you expecting discounts?

And what about Wedding suppliers like myself?
Are you a photographer/florist/wedding venue?  - Will you be offering couples a discount so that they can get married in 2013?

Also, have you already been affected by the number13 and have found yourself in the situation that you don't have as many weddings booked into your diary this year?

Opinions Please.......


For people who ARE getting married in 2013, please find a list of my favoured suppliers below - This is THEIR business and they are all amazing at what they do.

Hair and Make up Artist - Amy Prifti
Photographer - Emmest Photography , Chris Giles Photography
Boudoir shoot - Taboudoir
Wedding Underwear - Curve Couture
Cars - Silver Swift
Hair Pieces - Annabelle's Wigs
Hen Party/ Beauty Pampering - The Wellbeing Angels
Personal Trainer - Lewes Fit

Please leave a comment below and let me know how you feel about getting married in 2013 whether you are getting married, have postponed your marriage or are a supplier.

Thanks :-)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to cover up a tattoo using Camouflage creams

As a cosmetic camouflage practitioner I get asked to cover up scars, burn marks, port wine stains, birth marks, broken capillaries, Rosacea, eczema and all other skin conditions and discolourations.  When I am doing a wedding, I often get asked to cover up a tattoo or two! Below I will outline how you can cover up your own tattoo using Cosmetic camouflage creams. There are many creams available on the market, my product of choice is Dermacolor by Kryolan - this is endorsed by many companies including British Association of British Camouflage and Skin Camouflage Network.  Some of the products are also available on Prescription if your doctor gives you a prescription for the product - otherwise you can buy it direct from Charles H Fox.  1. - tattoo before any cosmetic camouflage creams have been applied. 2. If the tattoo is black, you need to apply a red colour on top of the black to neutralise the colour - I apply the product using a lip brush or liner brush....

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/

Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine - A make up artist's point of view

You can see my full Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine here  Solis Magazine - Crazy Beautiful As well as sharing the above article, I wanted to write something a bit more personal. I am going to begin with the end of the day..... Once this photo shoot had finished,  I dropped everyone back at the train station to go home. Photographer David Long turned to me and asked 'you know you're good, right?' These five little words asked to an artist are not easy to answer. I can say that I know I'm not a bad make up artist, and I can say that I  know I am good enough to make a career out of it. Being a make up artist is my life, it is all I have ever loved, it is all I have ever known, it is all I have ever wanted to be. I realise that I am extremely lucky to be doing what I love and I will make sure that I carry on doing it, I have worked as a make up artist whilst travelling abroad, it has seen me through one marriage and two beautiful children, and carries on g...