Skip to main content

Boudoir photography

I am now getting a lot of requests from people who want me to do their hair and make up for boudoir shoots following a shoot that I did with Emmest Photography and her new comapny Taboudoir for ETC magazine.

I teamed up with the wonderful Emma Meston from Emmest Photography, model's Celine Mailland and Grace Wardle and equipped with a case-full of Annabelle's Wigs, off I went to the Hotel Pelirocco  in Brighton with the aim to have fun!

Once at the pelirocco I was given access to the singstar room to carry out hair and make up with fellow artist Charlene Everest.  Here, I met Chrissie Nicholson-Wild of Curve Couture and also Cliterati.

Emma was set up in the pin up room at the Pelirocco to take all shoots.

Together the whole team was able to shoot a variety of shots and looks all based on a vintage theme, using the models own hair and wigs to get as many different looks as possible.

I also enjoyed working as Emma's assistant suggesting poses and creating fun from all people involved.

I was so happy to find out how much ETC magazine loved our shoot and they even chose one of our pictures to put on their front cover - a real privilege!




Here are a few more pics from the shoot;

Celine with her natural hair (curled and styled by me)

Celine wearing the Banbury wig from Annabelle's wigs
 Celine wearing the Diva wig from Annabelle's Wigs


I really enjoyed this shoot and have teamed up with Emma from Emmest Photography to offer a fabulous boudoir package for you.

For more details please visit either myself at www.bridalmakeupbyamy.co.uk or Emma at www.taboudoir.com


We look forward to shooting you soon !

All the above hair and make up are another example of my work! - I hope you like what you see :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to cover up a tattoo using Camouflage creams

As a cosmetic camouflage practitioner I get asked to cover up scars, burn marks, port wine stains, birth marks, broken capillaries, Rosacea, eczema and all other skin conditions and discolourations.  When I am doing a wedding, I often get asked to cover up a tattoo or two! Below I will outline how you can cover up your own tattoo using Cosmetic camouflage creams. There are many creams available on the market, my product of choice is Dermacolor by Kryolan - this is endorsed by many companies including British Association of British Camouflage and Skin Camouflage Network.  Some of the products are also available on Prescription if your doctor gives you a prescription for the product - otherwise you can buy it direct from Charles H Fox.  1. - tattoo before any cosmetic camouflage creams have been applied. 2. If the tattoo is black, you need to apply a red colour on top of the black to neutralise the colour - I apply the product using a lip brush or liner brush....

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/

Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine - A make up artist's point of view

You can see my full Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine here  Solis Magazine - Crazy Beautiful As well as sharing the above article, I wanted to write something a bit more personal. I am going to begin with the end of the day..... Once this photo shoot had finished,  I dropped everyone back at the train station to go home. Photographer David Long turned to me and asked 'you know you're good, right?' These five little words asked to an artist are not easy to answer. I can say that I know I'm not a bad make up artist, and I can say that I  know I am good enough to make a career out of it. Being a make up artist is my life, it is all I have ever loved, it is all I have ever known, it is all I have ever wanted to be. I realise that I am extremely lucky to be doing what I love and I will make sure that I carry on doing it, I have worked as a make up artist whilst travelling abroad, it has seen me through one marriage and two beautiful children, and carries on g...