Skip to main content

How to define your lips and make your lipstick last all day


Lipstick is making a comeback! so if you are used to just applying a gloss or lip balm take heed of these tips for you.

Always line your lips using a lip liner - this can be either a nude colour or can be matched up with the lipstick that you are using.

Why use a lip liner? for 3 main reasons;
1. to define the shape of your lips
2. to stop your lipstick from bleeding over the edges
3. it helps your lipstick stay on for longer.

When you line your lips you have to decided whether you are lining them exactly on your existing line whilst trying to even your lips up (nones lips are symmetrical), whether you want to line your lips just inside your existing outline (making them slightly smaller) or just outside your existing lip line (making them slightly bigger)

Also, take a look at your cupids bow (top lip) to decide whether they are rounded or more pointy, then change them to meet your requirements.

Once you have lined ALWAYS apply your lipstick using a lip brush (this helps the shape but also keeps your lipstick on for longer)

Do layer your lipstick up so that it has full staying power - the old tip of blotting and powdering between layers really does work so you can choose to do this if you like although watch out for your lips feeling a bit too 'powdery'

Finishing touches;
Gloss if you want a shiny finish.
If you want to bring out a 'pout' to your lips, dab a little shimmer gloss or shadow to the middle of your lips top and bottom then blend.

I always set all make up using a fixier spray that makes it all waterproof and sweat proof!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to cover up a tattoo using Camouflage creams

As a cosmetic camouflage practitioner I get asked to cover up scars, burn marks, port wine stains, birth marks, broken capillaries, Rosacea, eczema and all other skin conditions and discolourations.  When I am doing a wedding, I often get asked to cover up a tattoo or two! Below I will outline how you can cover up your own tattoo using Cosmetic camouflage creams. There are many creams available on the market, my product of choice is Dermacolor by Kryolan - this is endorsed by many companies including British Association of British Camouflage and Skin Camouflage Network.  Some of the products are also available on Prescription if your doctor gives you a prescription for the product - otherwise you can buy it direct from Charles H Fox.  1. - tattoo before any cosmetic camouflage creams have been applied. 2. If the tattoo is black, you need to apply a red colour on top of the black to neutralise the colour - I apply the product using a lip brush or liner brush....

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/

Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine - A make up artist's point of view

You can see my full Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine here  Solis Magazine - Crazy Beautiful As well as sharing the above article, I wanted to write something a bit more personal. I am going to begin with the end of the day..... Once this photo shoot had finished,  I dropped everyone back at the train station to go home. Photographer David Long turned to me and asked 'you know you're good, right?' These five little words asked to an artist are not easy to answer. I can say that I know I'm not a bad make up artist, and I can say that I  know I am good enough to make a career out of it. Being a make up artist is my life, it is all I have ever loved, it is all I have ever known, it is all I have ever wanted to be. I realise that I am extremely lucky to be doing what I love and I will make sure that I carry on doing it, I have worked as a make up artist whilst travelling abroad, it has seen me through one marriage and two beautiful children, and carries on g...