Skip to main content

Wedding at Selsdon Park Hotel, Croydon

After awaking at 4.30am and leaving at 5am, I arrived at Selsdon Park Hotel in Croydon for a big traditional wedding.
We started getting ready with hair and make up at 6am, 1 bride and 6 bridesmaids later, off they went at 12pm to get married - all looking wonderful!

The bride had already had a trial at my house so I arrived knowing exactly what she wanted - as far as her bridesmaids were concerned, the bride asked me to do 'whatever they asked' and boy did they ask! - Each bridesmaid wanted to bring out their individual style and personality resulting in them being extremely happy on the day, and me having so much fun !

The Beautiful Bride, looking stunning in White
make up as follows - Foundation - supercover #34, Concealor - supercover #34, Powder - supercover ultra fine setting powder colourless (white), Eyebrows -Kryolan eyebrow colour in Dark Eyeshadow, Eyeshadow - Kryolan Beige G base, Unbranded Purple on the socket and outer corners, Unbranded silver in the middle, Liner -Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid eye liner above, Vie Prcision eyeliner in coal below and inners Mascara - Maybelline the one by one Volum Express, False Eyelashes applied, Blush - Kryolan in Pink, Lipliner - supercover in natural, Lipstick - Shiseido in Bordeux Highlight -supercover fashion wheel #5 Shade - kryolan eyebrow shadow in Medium, Finished with Dermacolor fixing spray - keeping all make up waterproof and sweat proof throughout the day.
 Bridesmaid - Hair set in curlers and then backcombed into an extremely high beehive, a few strands of hair left loose and tonged.  Headband applied around the beehive.

Make up - Supercover Base, Dermacolor Concealer, Supercover setting powder, Eyebrows filled using Kryolan eyebrow powder. Eyelids left neutral with a line of Red shadow both above and below the eye. Inner eyes lined with black khol pencil, Liquid liner applied above the eye. Maybelline Mascara, red blush, Lips lined, soft mauve Lipstick with clear gloss on top.
Hair - Set in Curlers, Side parting, bringing the fringe over the forehead to keep the style looking soft, back comb at the crown and sweep hair over to the side. Pin up hair into curls and spray. Hair decoration fixed in infront of the 'side bun'.
Make Up - a more natural look - Supercover base, Dermacolor concealer, supercover setting powder. kryolan eyebrow powder, eyes staring with a beige base, charcoal grey applied to the sockets with a pink applied to the middle of the lid. Inner eyes lined using concealer pencil, grey kohl pencil on the outer eyes. Maybelline Mascara, pink blush, lips lined, pink lipstick with clear gloss applied on top.
 Hair set in curlers with frizz serum applied. Once out, hair piled up on top of head - front bits left out and tonged for a softer look.
Make Up - A very soft smoky look - Supercover base, Dermacolor Concealer, Supercover setting powder, Kryolan eyebrow powder, eye shadows - soft pink, charcoal grey and blue, grey kohl line above and below lids. Maybelline mascara, peach blush, lips lined in natural, pink lipstick and clear gloss on top.
Going for the 'Beyonce look from her telephone video' Foundation - supercover #27, Concealor supercover #27, - Powder - supercover ultra fine setting powder colourless (white), Eyebrows - Kryolan eyebrow colour in Dark,  Eyeshadow -supercover in gold,  Liner -Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid eye liner, Vie Precision Liner in Coal below and inner eyes,  Mascara - Maybelline the one by one volum express, Blush -supercover in deep red,  Lipliner - Ben Nye in Red, Lipstick - Supercover Red with benetint on top finished by applying supercover top coat clear gloss, Highlight -supercover fashion wheel #5,  Shade - Kryolan eyebrow powder in Medium, set with Dermacolor fixing spray
Foundation - supercover #41, Concealer - supercover #41, Powder - supercover ulltra fine setting powder colourless (white), Eyebrows - Kryolan eyebrow colour in Medium, Eye Colours - Kryolan Beige G base, Aubergine Socket and Gold Middle, Liner - Rimmel Exaggerate liquid eyeliner above, Vie Precision eyeliner in coal below and inner eyes,  Mascara - Maybelline the one by one volum express, Blush - Supercover in Auburn, Lipliner - Ben Nye in Red, Lipstick - Supercover in Dark Mauve, Highlight - supercover fashion wheenl #5, Shade - kryolan eyebrow shadow in medium, To Finish - Dermacolor Fixing Spray
Foundation - supercover #33, concealor - supercover #33, Powder - supercover ultra fine setting powder colourless(white),  Eyebrows - Kryolan eyebrow powder in Dark,   Eyeshadow - non branded electric blue,  Liner - liquid liner above by Rimmel Exaggerate, electric blue shadow below, inner eyes vie precision eye liner in coal, Mascara - Maybelline the one by one volum express, Blusher -supercover 'deep red',  Lip Liner - supercover natural,  Lipstick -supercover orange/gold with supercover clear gloss top coat applied, High light - supercover fashion wheel #5, Shading -Kryolan Dark Brown eyebrow colour, To Finish - Dermacolor Fixing Spray making all make up waterproof and sweatproof. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to cover up a tattoo using Camouflage creams

As a cosmetic camouflage practitioner I get asked to cover up scars, burn marks, port wine stains, birth marks, broken capillaries, Rosacea, eczema and all other skin conditions and discolourations.  When I am doing a wedding, I often get asked to cover up a tattoo or two! Below I will outline how you can cover up your own tattoo using Cosmetic camouflage creams. There are many creams available on the market, my product of choice is Dermacolor by Kryolan - this is endorsed by many companies including British Association of British Camouflage and Skin Camouflage Network.  Some of the products are also available on Prescription if your doctor gives you a prescription for the product - otherwise you can buy it direct from Charles H Fox.  1. - tattoo before any cosmetic camouflage creams have been applied. 2. If the tattoo is black, you need to apply a red colour on top of the black to neutralise the colour - I apply the product using a lip brush or liner brush....

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/

Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine - A make up artist's point of view

You can see my full Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine here  Solis Magazine - Crazy Beautiful As well as sharing the above article, I wanted to write something a bit more personal. I am going to begin with the end of the day..... Once this photo shoot had finished,  I dropped everyone back at the train station to go home. Photographer David Long turned to me and asked 'you know you're good, right?' These five little words asked to an artist are not easy to answer. I can say that I know I'm not a bad make up artist, and I can say that I  know I am good enough to make a career out of it. Being a make up artist is my life, it is all I have ever loved, it is all I have ever known, it is all I have ever wanted to be. I realise that I am extremely lucky to be doing what I love and I will make sure that I carry on doing it, I have worked as a make up artist whilst travelling abroad, it has seen me through one marriage and two beautiful children, and carries on g...