Skip to main content

A Christmas Wedding at The High Rocks, Tunbridge

Last weekend's wedding was a very last minute one  - In fact, the head bridesmaid contacted me only two weeks before the wedding and asked me to do make up for the bride and 3 bridesmaids - no trial needed!

Therefore, I turned up with my entire make up kit, ready for a Christmas wedding, and boy did I get one! - The bride wore Red and seeing as all the girls were young, they were happy to experiment with make up and use as much colour as possible!

Yeah for me - two weddings in a row where I get to do what I want! (as long as they like the final result) - Of course, they loved their make up, and now I get to share it with you;
 The Bride wore red
 Base - Supercover, Concealer - Dermacolor, Powder - Supercover Setting Powder, Eyebrows - Kryolan eyebrow powder, Eyelids - Yellow all over, orange / gold liner above and below eyes, concealer pencil on inner eyes, Black liquid eyeliner applied on top eye lid finished by applying false eyelashes and maybelline mascara, Cheeks - supercover orange blush, Lips - Supercover natural liner, supercover lipstick in red with white shimmer and gloss on top. Highlight and shading, finished with Dermacolor Fixing spray to make all make up waterproof and sweat proof.
 The Bridesmaids were in deep purple.
 Base - supercover primer followed by supercover foundation, concealer - Dermacolor, setting powder - supercover, eyelids - Beige base, Green sockets, gold middle finished with black liquid liner (I prefer Rimmel), Maybelline Mascara, concealer pencil applied to the inner eyes, Cheeks - supercover in pink, lips - supercover lip liner, pink lipstick, clear gloss on top, Dermacolor fixing spray to finish off.
 Big eyes!
 supercover primer, foundation - supercover, concealer - dermacolor, powder - supercover setting powder, eyebrows - kryolan eyebrow powder, eyelids - white shimmer, purple sockets, black liquid liner applied to top, purpler liner below eyes, false eyelashes applied, cheeks - supercover pink, lips - supercover natural lip liner followed by pink lipstick and finished with gloss, highlight and shade, fix with dermacolor fixing spray.

Supercover primer followed by foundation - supercover, concealer - dermacolor, powder - supercover fixing powder, eyebrows brushed through and clear mascara applied, eyelids, yellow base, orange sockets, gold centre, dark brown liner applied to upper and lower lids, maybelline mascara, cheeks - supercover peach, lips - supercover liner, rust lipstick, clear gloss on top, highlight and shade - dermacolor fixing powder applied to make all make up waterproof and sweat proof.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !
Amy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to cover up a tattoo using Camouflage creams

As a cosmetic camouflage practitioner I get asked to cover up scars, burn marks, port wine stains, birth marks, broken capillaries, Rosacea, eczema and all other skin conditions and discolourations.  When I am doing a wedding, I often get asked to cover up a tattoo or two! Below I will outline how you can cover up your own tattoo using Cosmetic camouflage creams. There are many creams available on the market, my product of choice is Dermacolor by Kryolan - this is endorsed by many companies including British Association of British Camouflage and Skin Camouflage Network.  Some of the products are also available on Prescription if your doctor gives you a prescription for the product - otherwise you can buy it direct from Charles H Fox.  1. - tattoo before any cosmetic camouflage creams have been applied. 2. If the tattoo is black, you need to apply a red colour on top of the black to neutralise the colour - I apply the product using a lip brush or liner brush....

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/

Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine - A make up artist's point of view

You can see my full Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine here  Solis Magazine - Crazy Beautiful As well as sharing the above article, I wanted to write something a bit more personal. I am going to begin with the end of the day..... Once this photo shoot had finished,  I dropped everyone back at the train station to go home. Photographer David Long turned to me and asked 'you know you're good, right?' These five little words asked to an artist are not easy to answer. I can say that I know I'm not a bad make up artist, and I can say that I  know I am good enough to make a career out of it. Being a make up artist is my life, it is all I have ever loved, it is all I have ever known, it is all I have ever wanted to be. I realise that I am extremely lucky to be doing what I love and I will make sure that I carry on doing it, I have worked as a make up artist whilst travelling abroad, it has seen me through one marriage and two beautiful children, and carries on g...