Skip to main content

Wedding at The Shelleys Hotel in Lewes

And the bride wore Superwoman trainers!

On the outside, Shelleys doesn't look that big a place, but don't judge a book by its cover!
I was booked on the 31st January to do hair, make up and nails for Maria's Wedding day.  She was staying at the Shelleys hotel the night before, which is always a bonus for me as I can arrive any time I want knowing that the bride will already be there.

It doesn't take me long to rearrange the room so that I can set up.... Nails first

Make up set up at the lovely dressing table.

One of the reasons why I enjoy being a part of someones wedding day is that I get to be a little bit nosey! - A close up of Maria's Tiara

Maria isn't really a 'bouquet' type of person so she had these lovely wrist corsages made for her
And then she pulled our her Wonder woman pumps!
I love how brides are sourcing alternative shoes for their wedding day.  And these wonder woman pumps are comfortable as well as being funky.  Maria added the bridal laces herself.
Once I have painted Maria's nails, using a lovely Shellac Grape colour, It was time do do her hair and make up. - Both of which had already been decided on at her trial 3 weeks earlier.





Wedding pumps fit nicely under that dress.


Was I had finished Maria's hair, make up and nails I helped her to get into her beautiful wedding dress, nice and tight and then said my congratulations and goodbyes before having a cheeky peek downstairs;








Hair, make up and nails by Amy Prifti - www.bridalmakeupbyamy.co.uk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to cover up a tattoo using Camouflage creams

As a cosmetic camouflage practitioner I get asked to cover up scars, burn marks, port wine stains, birth marks, broken capillaries, Rosacea, eczema and all other skin conditions and discolourations.  When I am doing a wedding, I often get asked to cover up a tattoo or two! Below I will outline how you can cover up your own tattoo using Cosmetic camouflage creams. There are many creams available on the market, my product of choice is Dermacolor by Kryolan - this is endorsed by many companies including British Association of British Camouflage and Skin Camouflage Network.  Some of the products are also available on Prescription if your doctor gives you a prescription for the product - otherwise you can buy it direct from Charles H Fox.  1. - tattoo before any cosmetic camouflage creams have been applied. 2. If the tattoo is black, you need to apply a red colour on top of the black to neutralise the colour - I apply the product using a lip brush or liner brush....

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/

Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine - A make up artist's point of view

You can see my full Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine here  Solis Magazine - Crazy Beautiful As well as sharing the above article, I wanted to write something a bit more personal. I am going to begin with the end of the day..... Once this photo shoot had finished,  I dropped everyone back at the train station to go home. Photographer David Long turned to me and asked 'you know you're good, right?' These five little words asked to an artist are not easy to answer. I can say that I know I'm not a bad make up artist, and I can say that I  know I am good enough to make a career out of it. Being a make up artist is my life, it is all I have ever loved, it is all I have ever known, it is all I have ever wanted to be. I realise that I am extremely lucky to be doing what I love and I will make sure that I carry on doing it, I have worked as a make up artist whilst travelling abroad, it has seen me through one marriage and two beautiful children, and carries on g...