Skip to main content

Where do I apply concealer?

Following on from my previous video's helping you with how to choose and apply the correct foundation, I thought I better make a video to help you complete your base.

The age old debate of do I apply concealer before or after my foundation? Is still being discussed, but quite frankly, my reply is you conceal AFTER applying your foundation.

Just think - You spend lots of time concealing your blemishes, dark shadows, under eye area and then you rub your foundation on top rubbing off all your concealer needing you to conceal once more on top of your foundation again! - Why not take out having to conceal twice by just applying your foundation first and your concealer on top?

The next question is Where should I apply concealer?
My video answers that for you, and wow, what a difference it makes!
A lot of people ask  if they should be using two different colours for their concealer, a light one for around the eyes and a darker one for the rest of their face - the answer to this is 'NO'
If you use a concealer that is too light under your eyes then you will get the 'panda eyes' finish, which will show up best in photographs once the light from the flash reflects off your concealer (never a good look)

You need to match up your skin tone and find a concealer the same colour.
OK, so a lot of make up brands only have concealer in light, medium or dark (none of these will be perfect for you) so you may have to search a little further for your tone colour - remember the tips from choosing your foundation, if your base colour is pink - you need a pink based concealer.

I like to use both Supercover and Dermacolor concealing palletes - although you will only need to have one colour, all colours can be brought separately.

Happy Concealing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to cover up a tattoo using Camouflage creams

As a cosmetic camouflage practitioner I get asked to cover up scars, burn marks, port wine stains, birth marks, broken capillaries, Rosacea, eczema and all other skin conditions and discolourations.  When I am doing a wedding, I often get asked to cover up a tattoo or two! Below I will outline how you can cover up your own tattoo using Cosmetic camouflage creams. There are many creams available on the market, my product of choice is Dermacolor by Kryolan - this is endorsed by many companies including British Association of British Camouflage and Skin Camouflage Network.  Some of the products are also available on Prescription if your doctor gives you a prescription for the product - otherwise you can buy it direct from Charles H Fox.  1. - tattoo before any cosmetic camouflage creams have been applied. 2. If the tattoo is black, you need to apply a red colour on top of the black to neutralise the colour - I apply the product using a lip brush or liner brush....

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/

Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine - A make up artist's point of view

You can see my full Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine here  Solis Magazine - Crazy Beautiful As well as sharing the above article, I wanted to write something a bit more personal. I am going to begin with the end of the day..... Once this photo shoot had finished,  I dropped everyone back at the train station to go home. Photographer David Long turned to me and asked 'you know you're good, right?' These five little words asked to an artist are not easy to answer. I can say that I know I'm not a bad make up artist, and I can say that I  know I am good enough to make a career out of it. Being a make up artist is my life, it is all I have ever loved, it is all I have ever known, it is all I have ever wanted to be. I realise that I am extremely lucky to be doing what I love and I will make sure that I carry on doing it, I have worked as a make up artist whilst travelling abroad, it has seen me through one marriage and two beautiful children, and carries on g...