Skip to main content

Make Up products I could not live without!

There are two products in my Make Up Kit that I truly could not live without.

They are top secret..... until now!

The first one :

Dermacolor Concealer Pallette.

This clever little pallette is a cosmetic camouflage cream that was developed to cover up birthmarks, portwine stains, psoriasis - It even covers tattoos!  Because of the skin it was developed to be used upon, it has been made for even the most sensitive of skins.

I bring my pallette to every job that I do, knowing that I can cover up ANYTHING I come across, and will always have the correct colour as there are 16 different colours in each pallette.

My second Make up secret is :
Dermacolor Fixing Spray              

This handy container is all that you need to make ALL make up waterproof and sweatproof.
It can be used in conjunction of ANY make up at all, as well as used with other dermacolor products - you simply hold it 12 inches away from your face, close your eyes, take a deep breath and spray.

Not only have I used this product in my underwater make up shoots, but I also use it on myself when I am going to a salsa club all night long, knowing that after 5-6 hours of nonstop salsa dancing that my make up will look as fresh as the minute I put it on..........

Just don't tell anyone else about my make up secrets!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to cover up a tattoo using Camouflage creams

As a cosmetic camouflage practitioner I get asked to cover up scars, burn marks, port wine stains, birth marks, broken capillaries, Rosacea, eczema and all other skin conditions and discolourations.  When I am doing a wedding, I often get asked to cover up a tattoo or two! Below I will outline how you can cover up your own tattoo using Cosmetic camouflage creams. There are many creams available on the market, my product of choice is Dermacolor by Kryolan - this is endorsed by many companies including British Association of British Camouflage and Skin Camouflage Network.  Some of the products are also available on Prescription if your doctor gives you a prescription for the product - otherwise you can buy it direct from Charles H Fox.  1. - tattoo before any cosmetic camouflage creams have been applied. 2. If the tattoo is black, you need to apply a red colour on top of the black to neutralise the colour - I apply the product using a lip brush or liner brush....

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/

Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine - A make up artist's point of view

You can see my full Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine here  Solis Magazine - Crazy Beautiful As well as sharing the above article, I wanted to write something a bit more personal. I am going to begin with the end of the day..... Once this photo shoot had finished,  I dropped everyone back at the train station to go home. Photographer David Long turned to me and asked 'you know you're good, right?' These five little words asked to an artist are not easy to answer. I can say that I know I'm not a bad make up artist, and I can say that I  know I am good enough to make a career out of it. Being a make up artist is my life, it is all I have ever loved, it is all I have ever known, it is all I have ever wanted to be. I realise that I am extremely lucky to be doing what I love and I will make sure that I carry on doing it, I have worked as a make up artist whilst travelling abroad, it has seen me through one marriage and two beautiful children, and carries on g...