Skip to main content

How to style Annabelle's Wigs

As a make up artist and hair stylist I often have to create elaborate hair styles for people who don't have either long enough hair or thick enough hair - this is where a hair piece can add much needed hair and shine to create a look special enough for brides to wear on their special day.

I received a phone call from a bride recently who was getting married the following week and asked me to create a few hair styles using Annabelle's Wigs Hair pieces from the Lino range.
Here are the results;

Using the High Pony (Poppy) I started by setting it in heated curlers and then plaited and weaved the top of the pony to create some interest into the piece.

 I finished by applying a few small rose buds into the piece to match the brides bouquet.
 Next, using another High Pony (Poppy) - I wrapped the entire length of the hair piece around the existing clip to create a large bun that could be placed anywhere on the brides head (top bun, low bun or even side bun)
 I also created two other hair styles - both using the Artemis Bun - the first one I put some padding inside to give the illusion that it is wider (second bun to the right)
The last style I created (first on the right) I used two Artemis Buns and set them both in heated curlers.  Once set I lightly teased out the curls and secured both buns together before placing the rose buds into strategic places.
Which one did the bride choose to wear on her wedding day? - All FOUR of course!
And luckily, all pieces I created so that they could be placed into her own hair with ease, using each hair piece's own clip that it comes already fitted with.

Why choose the  Lino Range at Annabelle's Wigs ? - because these fantastic affordable pieces can be styled with heat and make your hair look extra shiny and healthy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to cover up a tattoo using Camouflage creams

As a cosmetic camouflage practitioner I get asked to cover up scars, burn marks, port wine stains, birth marks, broken capillaries, Rosacea, eczema and all other skin conditions and discolourations.  When I am doing a wedding, I often get asked to cover up a tattoo or two! Below I will outline how you can cover up your own tattoo using Cosmetic camouflage creams. There are many creams available on the market, my product of choice is Dermacolor by Kryolan - this is endorsed by many companies including British Association of British Camouflage and Skin Camouflage Network.  Some of the products are also available on Prescription if your doctor gives you a prescription for the product - otherwise you can buy it direct from Charles H Fox.  1. - tattoo before any cosmetic camouflage creams have been applied. 2. If the tattoo is black, you need to apply a red colour on top of the black to neutralise the colour - I apply the product using a lip brush or liner brush....

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/

Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine - A make up artist's point of view

You can see my full Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine here  Solis Magazine - Crazy Beautiful As well as sharing the above article, I wanted to write something a bit more personal. I am going to begin with the end of the day..... Once this photo shoot had finished,  I dropped everyone back at the train station to go home. Photographer David Long turned to me and asked 'you know you're good, right?' These five little words asked to an artist are not easy to answer. I can say that I know I'm not a bad make up artist, and I can say that I  know I am good enough to make a career out of it. Being a make up artist is my life, it is all I have ever loved, it is all I have ever known, it is all I have ever wanted to be. I realise that I am extremely lucky to be doing what I love and I will make sure that I carry on doing it, I have worked as a make up artist whilst travelling abroad, it has seen me through one marriage and two beautiful children, and carries on g...