Skip to main content

MAKE UP PRODUCTS THAT YOU SHOULDN'T LIVE WITHOUT !

Every now and then I come across a miraculous product that I would love to yell from the roof tops that everyone should have this product in their make up bags.
Instead of yelling, I have decided to blog about a few of them -
The 'Eraser Pencil' is a pencil made from wax that will instantly get rid of your make up mistakes for you just as an eraser will rub out unwanted pencil marks!
If you have blinked or looked up whilst your mascara is still wet and ended up with mascara over your eyelids or under your eyes, just use this handy little pencil to draw over your mistakes and then rub off with either your finger or a tissue.  - You can use this pencil on any make up mistakes you have - wonky eyeliner, lip liner that wasn't quite the right shape, too much blusher etc - you get my drift!

Another great product is -

Concealer pencil.
There are many ways that you can apply these little beauties, but the best place is to use them as you would a 'white' pencil (oh so 80's!) - Draw the concealer pencil along your inner eyelid on the top and bottom (just inside ledge of where your lashes grow out from)
This will result in your eyes looking bigger and wider apart and will also brighten up your eyes so that they sparkle.
Also a little dot on the inner and outer corners of your eye will make you appear less tired and will widen your eye (on the outside) to make it look more almond shaped.

Hope you enjoy these products...... more to follow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to cover up a tattoo using Camouflage creams

As a cosmetic camouflage practitioner I get asked to cover up scars, burn marks, port wine stains, birth marks, broken capillaries, Rosacea, eczema and all other skin conditions and discolourations.  When I am doing a wedding, I often get asked to cover up a tattoo or two! Below I will outline how you can cover up your own tattoo using Cosmetic camouflage creams. There are many creams available on the market, my product of choice is Dermacolor by Kryolan - this is endorsed by many companies including British Association of British Camouflage and Skin Camouflage Network.  Some of the products are also available on Prescription if your doctor gives you a prescription for the product - otherwise you can buy it direct from Charles H Fox.  1. - tattoo before any cosmetic camouflage creams have been applied. 2. If the tattoo is black, you need to apply a red colour on top of the black to neutralise the colour - I apply the product using a lip brush or liner brush....

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/

Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine - A make up artist's point of view

You can see my full Fashion Editorial for Solis Magazine here  Solis Magazine - Crazy Beautiful As well as sharing the above article, I wanted to write something a bit more personal. I am going to begin with the end of the day..... Once this photo shoot had finished,  I dropped everyone back at the train station to go home. Photographer David Long turned to me and asked 'you know you're good, right?' These five little words asked to an artist are not easy to answer. I can say that I know I'm not a bad make up artist, and I can say that I  know I am good enough to make a career out of it. Being a make up artist is my life, it is all I have ever loved, it is all I have ever known, it is all I have ever wanted to be. I realise that I am extremely lucky to be doing what I love and I will make sure that I carry on doing it, I have worked as a make up artist whilst travelling abroad, it has seen me through one marriage and two beautiful children, and carries on g...