Skip to main content

Brighton Hilton Metropole Wedding Fayre

On Sunday 2nd of October I exhibited at Brighton Hilton Metropole.
Not only was the sun shining, but the champagne was flowing and the people kept coming and coming and coming!

In preparing for the wedding fayre I had a banner and new leaflets printed up, and used everything I could think of to encourage people to stop at my stand;
Testimonials check, leaflets check, special offer on the day check, sweets to entice check, examples of work check, wedding cake supplied by Steph's free from check, Model on the day to show hair and make up check, me check!

I was shown to my table when I arrived and boy was it in a great position! people could see me as soon as they walked in, people could see me as they walked out.  I was also situated between two wonderful tables, one with alternative wedding dresses that were gorgeous and on the other side an amazing 7 piece band with female singer who was extremely nice.

Not only did I meet lot's of lovely brides to be but all the other stall holders came to introduce themselves and offered up lots of leads for me to follow up.
I must admit, once I opened up my make up box of tricks to do my model's make up demo, a lot more people stopped to look at my 'pretty colours!' - I must remember this trick for future wedding fayres!

The Result? - I confirmed 15 bookings, unfortunately I had to turn 6 away as it seems that EVERYONE is getting married on August 25th 2012! Also, I hope that a lot more people book me at a later date.... remember, if you do you will qualify for a 5% discount!

It was truly worth going to a wedding Fayre that had been arranged by an events company rather than the hotel itself. Everything was organised and ran extremely smoothly so thank you stylish events, I will definitely attend another wedding fayre run by you.


I would like to say a HUGE thank you to the following people, without whom this wedding fayre could not have been the success that it was.... Hope and Creed for doing the artwork for my banner, and also for doing my website(s) for me, Annabelle's Wigs for letting me use the photos from her recent shoot collaborating with Lino Carbosiero, Holly Higgins and katie Green for being the beautiful models on said shoot, Christopher Giles for letting me use his photos and for 'getting them to me in time', Lewes Print rooms for Printing up by banner and flyers as very late notice, and getting the job done well,  Stephanie Palmer for supplying me with one of her fantastic Dairy free, Gluten free, wheat free cakes and last but not least to Katie Weir of Lewesfit for being my glamorous model on the day and also helping to give out my flyers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Married at Mecure Hotel, Brighton

I met Louise at her wedding trial when she said that she really didn't wear make-up that often and was a bit worried that her hair wouldn't look how she wanted due to the colour and condition. Roll forward a couple of months and Louise's hair was the colour and condition that she wanted and I was able to provide her with a hair piece from Annabelle's Wigs to lengthen the overall style for her wedding day. Louise was very lucky with the weather and her hotel room looked out over the Brighton seafront. On the day, I provided Louise and her mum with Gel Nails, Hair and Make-up - Here's my set up below. I always love getting brides ready for their wedding day in Brighton, it's lovely to have the calm sea with the sun shining. Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti - www.bridalmakeupbyamy.co.uk

British Heart Foundation Wear It Beat It Campaign

It was really great to be the hair and make-up artist for the new British Heart Foundation campaign - Wear It. Beat It 2017 -  https://wearitbeatit.bhf.org.uk This was a two day photoshoot working with a wonderful team from  Killer Creative  marketing agency. On the first day I worked with heart survivor's, consultants and surgeons which was great as I got to listen to a lot of amazing stories that people were happy to share.  In fact, this is one of the favourite parts of my work - getting to hear about other people's lives and the fact that people want share with me. On the second day, a lot of male, female and children models arrived to have their hair and make-up done so that the British Heart Foundation had a variety of photos to share for their next big advertising campaign. I really enjoyed being a member of the team that created photos for this campaign for the British Heart Foundation and look forward to

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/